Looking for a relax four-day holidays, we contacted Royal Mara Safari Lodge. Although the way of paying from another country was kind of difficult, we had an amazing time in the Lodge.
From the first beginning we were warmly welcomed. The staff, rangers, drivers, etc were kind and tried to make us feel relaxed and unwind.
The day when we were transferred from the airstrip to the lodge we could even see lions, zebras, lost of different types of antilops, hippos, etc.
It was useful to mention in advance that I was vegetarian, so they could prepare special food for me. However,every lunch menu was similar, but during dinner we got more interesting dishes.
Cottages are practically the same. We stayed in the cottage number 1 and 7, however we preferred #1 because of small details, although the hippos make more noise during the night.
We loved the picnic we had after visiting the Rhino Sanctuary. It is a must and highly recommended, as well as the visit to the Masai Community.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com and Booking.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve