These people were really amazing.
1) the rooms are amazing: large, hand carved furniture, mahogany floors, double vanity, showers and private balconies overlooking the river.
2) the food was awesome. a new soup every night, meals in different places withing the camp as well as out on the plains in sight of many animals, and food that I would have expected in a hotel in a large city, but not in the middle of the African savannah.
3) service: our game drivers, our room keepers, and the waiters for food were all so wonderful. They not only provided great service, but were honestly interested in learning about us and making sure that we were happy with everything. We felt like part of the family there.
I went with my wife, but I will certainly be back again with family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve