Before I started to right a review for the Royal Mara I thought hard for words I could use to describe how good it is there, sure like you I know words like, Brilliant,Fantastic,Beautiful, Excellent, but some how these words seem inadequate.
If you read other good reviews what they are saying I can vouch for them and say every word is true, I could write a review myself but it would say what everybody has said over and over again,On the second day there our son was married in the bush twenty one of us were taken to a place a few miles away where we were met by a minister who married them under a tree to the backdrop of roaming antelope,wilderbeest and zebra,afterwards the Masai came and there was much chanting,jumping,thy are such lovely people.
Then we were taken further into the Mara for a sumptuous five course dinner..Fantastic,a big thank you to all at the Royal Mara for a wonderful day,so my advice is book as soon as you can and enjoy heaven in the Mara a truly unforgettable experience.......that the good news, now the bad.
Firstly the feeling the last day you are there is awful you know you have to leave but leaving is like losing part of your family,all the staff waving goodbye with their smiling faces is a sight I will treasure forever.
Secondly Soup will I be able to live without the soup,go there,you will understand.
So I will end by saying my thanks to firstly George Jnr for your help and organization,and guidance,Simon and all the game drivers,thank you my brothers, Regan and the guards for keeping my family safe, all the Chefs cleaners in fact everybody you make this place very special.
Ps thanks also to the Hippo who gave birth outside our tent, the pictures came out fine xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve