We stayed in the Royal Mara in Oct 2012 as part of our Honeymoon. It was the most amazing experience. Everything was fantastic. Our tent (more like a luxury hotel room) was beautiful & very comfortable. The staff looked after us so well, it was such a shame to have to leave. We were woken early in the morning with coffee & then we went on safari. After our morning safari, we had breakfast, some free time or a walking safari if you wanted, then lunch followed by afternoon safari.
The food was delicious, so much more than we were expecting! We even had lunch out in the wild served with cold beer.
Our safaris were amazing, we saw all of the big 5 during our 3 day stay. We have such great memories from our trip, we cant wait to get back someday.
Special thanks to our driver James, waiter Steven & housekeeper Johnson who made our stay what it was - unforgettable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve