The Royal Mara was truly what you would expect from a tented camp.It has really old world appeal with the heavy wood furniture. Nothing was too much trouble for all the staff. As I have difficulty walking great distances everything was moved to make my life easier. The game drives with Julius were amazing. We saw everything including a crossing. The rest of my family went on a bush walk. This was a great experience for them as Reagan the guard was so knowledgeable and took them up close and personal with the wildlife. If you want to hear hippos munching the grass outside your tent during the night, this is the place to go! The food was excellent and we especially enjoyed the sundowners at the end of the game drives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve