We visited Royal Mara again with some other friends and had an unbelievable stay. The wildlife was exciting. There were animals everywhere. We saw several prides of lions, leopards mating, herds of buffalo and giraffes, a big group of elephants and other numerous assorted and plentiful game. In fact we saw the big five which we never expected to see all in one trip. I felt like I was inside a national geographic special.
The camp is luxurious and beautiful. The rooms are splendid. We enjoyed sitting on our veranda and watching the hippos in the river entertain us. At night we loved the wildlife that surrounded our room and serenaded us to sleep. It was unbelievable sleeping in the wild and yet so secure.
The food was marvelous and varied. They recently set up a teppanyiaki (SP?) table and we loved the grilled dishes they served us. We also loved the bush lunch on the open plain under a tree. It was amazing enjoying a BBQ while surrounded by countless wildebeest and zebras. Unbelievable.
The staff was fabulous. Always pleasant and eager to assist. Our driver was very knowledgeable. He could spot the wildlife even without his binoculars from far away. He gave us extensive explanations of the Mara and its wildlife. If you go to Royal Mara ask for Julius as your driver.
Overall it was an unforgettable experience. We cant wait to visit the Royal Mara again. No other place compares
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve