“I loved Naibor!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Naibor Camp
UK
“I loved Naibor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2009

I was lucky enough to stay at Naibor in August of this year. I was a 19 year old travelling on my own and Jamie and Sophie, the management team, went out of their way to make me welcome. I also met one of the owners, Anthony Cheffings, who was clearly deeply committed to the success of Naibor.

The game drives were fantastic. Although the rhino had migrated we got great sightings of the other big four. Just as good for me though was the evening atmosphere at the camp with Jamie and Sophie making sure everyone was fully involved in conversation and entertainment.

I have been to the Mara before but for me Naibor gave me the most complete package of luxury, game viewing and atmosphere.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2009

Me and my partner stayed at Naibor in August 2009, on a recommendation from one of our friends who has travels to Kenya a lot. We thought that the tents are average and look better in the photos than real life. The tents (well ours) looked a little old and tired and the bed linen and towels, we expected better for something promoted as 5 star.

Another thing, we had a problem with a few of our possessions disappearing, like a compact digital camera and some medications. The managers didn’t really take these claims seriously saying that maybe we lost these things during a game drive. Other than that the trip was ok, guides and the like.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kymshizbat
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

My wife and I spent four days and nights at Naibor. We found the management team to be very friendly and flexible, the game viewing exceptional and the accommodation very comfortable. It is one of the best situated camps we have stayed at with the river animals giving a great backdrop to the evening drinks around the campfire. We would happily return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
east africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2009

Naibor is the best masai mara camp i have visited . Having stayed in several camps in the mara , i found the location , the service , the staff simply top class.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2009

Not my first safari, but by far the best. Sophie, Jamie & Pedro made the stay extra special and ensured that I saw the big five and more in this amazing location. The accommodation and food were wonderful and all staff were kind and attentive. Never once did I feel unsafe or uncared for. I cannot praise them enough!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2009

My husband, my sister and I had a fabulous two nights at Naibor. We could not fault it, the hospitality, the food, the staff all made it a memorable stay.
We were around at the time of the migrations and Petro our guide made sure we saw one! It was worth it. What with all the other animals we saw I cannot recommend the camp highly enough! Go and enjoy the experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank taffieann
Gloucestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

My mother and I recently went to Naibor Camp, and on logging on to trip advisor to write my report I was dismayed to see the below - from hearing the story of the robbery from the managers themselves, and from my travel agent before I went, I understand that it was handled extremely well, and that the incident was both incredibly unexpected and traumatic, and not an inside job.

Naibor have now of course stepped up the security, and neither my mum nor I ever felt in danger or frightened. The bottom line is that this is a wonderful, safe camp, with more to offer than most of the other camps in the Mara.

The tents are stunning, all light, and beautifully decorated, with the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in - the managers Sophie and Jamie are wonderful, and the staff are all so kind, and always incredibly attentive and helpful.

The Masai Mara has so much to offer, and we saw lion, leopard and lots and lots of elephants, which was absolutely magical - but our stay would not have been the same if we hadnt been at Naibor, we are already planning our trip back there next year.

Unfortunately all over the world tourists are being targeted, through no fault of the hotels and villas, and this incident is no different - what a shame that a handful of horrible people can do such damage. Still I would advise that you dont let them ruin or take from you what will be a truly magical once in a lifetime experience. STAY AT NAIBOR.

• Stayed October 2009