This was an amazing experience - greeted at the airport by Lolo in full Maasai garb, with a game drive en route to the camp. We saw all of the big five, and were overwhelmed by the number of wildebeest and zebra during the great migration. We were there right at the start of the crossing, but could feel the pressure mounting with the increase in lion kills each day.
Great food, attentive staff, amazing tents (how many tents have lounging couches on their verandahs?), and a proximity to nature equaled by the facility's commitment to 'green'. Ken and Michelle were attentive (but not obtrusive, even better) hosts, and the staff took extra care of my two teenage girls with their vegetarian diet.
Lolo was our guide for the three days (two nights) we stayed here, and was knowledgeable, caring, competent, and funny. We'd drive to different spots looking for key animals, and then find an open area for breakfast/lunch in the bush.
Sleeping in a tent with all the sounds of hippos, lions, and lots of other night voices is extraordinary, especially tucked into a comfortable bed with your very own hot water bottle to take the chill off the sheets.
This was an amazing, amazing experience - and we would love to do it again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Naibor, set in the heart of the Mara Reserve on the Talek River, offers a standard of comfort and personal attention that brings “camping” into a new dimension! Minutes from the famed migration crossings and completely surrounded by game, Naibor is luxury and relaxation. 7 tents in Main Naibor and 2 Little Naibor suites are complemented by the spa, fine dining, and a high standard of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Naibor Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naibor Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Naibor Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve