Il moran was recommended by a family member and I could not praise this camp enough. My wife and I just came back from a 4day masai trip.
Our game drives were amazing and we saw every big animal one would want to. Baby lions, male lion, black rhino, baby elephants, lion having breakfast after a night kill (circle of life!) baby elephant protected by mother elephant, lions playing with each other, and the list can go on. Our driver kantai was amazing and recommended.
Only having 10camps means personal service. Our dietary needs we're catered to everyday by Lilian and the other 2 chefs. Thanks again for the lovely veggie meals. Normally food would not be priority when coming to the mara, but this camp has delicious daily meals...
I would now like to try the cheaper governor camps and see what is the difference as I am told the service is similar, though camps not as luxurious as this one.
No mosq bites at all and a first for me!!
Eating outside next to the mara river was nice with the croc and hippo's!
This camp would be considered as a glamp, and the wifeys will not be disappointed!!
Ballooning on the mara is a must even though a ill pricey. Worth the splurge though for sure and the champagne breakkie with pancake live station after the balloon was amazing.
As you can tell, not any negatives at this camp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' IL Moran Camp is small and intimate. Located right in the heart of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, this small luxurious camp is hidden under ancient trees, deep in the forest on the banks of the Mara River. 10 spacious tents line the winding river banks of the Mara River. With the best game viewing right on your doorstep game drives and game walks are included in the rate. Governors has been pioneering immersive and transformational safaris in the Mara since 1972. We were the first operators to be permanently based inside the Mara, our site was chosen for its prime location and was the designated “getaway” for the Governors of Kenya. Unfenced and right in the heart of the action. Our camps are Located in some of the best and most precious Wildlife Locations in the world. We are a family with a colourful cast of characters that embodies the spirit of safari, while placing the care of the environment, community and conservation at the heart of everything we do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Governors' Il Moran Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors' Il Moran Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve