Stayed at Il Moran as part of our honeymoon in July and the whole experience was superb. Can't fault the 'tents' with their space, hammocks, ambiance, views and the overall level of service.
The food was also a positive as we enjoyed just about everything we had and we are foodies.
Of course the best part about the whole trip were the game drives and we were not disappointed. We were there during migration season and got to see just about everything including a river crossing and all of the big five during our 3 nights at the camp. The drives are amazing and in the mornings you can opt for the longer drives which go from 6:30 to about noonish. You have breakfast in the bush and are back for lunch. Our guide Richard was great.
All in all this was a superb safari experience and can't wait to do it again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' IL Moran Camp is small and intimate. Located right in the heart of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, this small luxurious camp is hidden under ancient trees, deep in the forest on the banks of the Mara River. 10 spacious tents line the winding river banks of the Mara River. With the best game viewing right on your doorstep game drives and game walks are included in the rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Governors' Il Moran Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors' Il Moran Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve