My boyfriend and I stayed at the camp for three nights in September - we had never been on a safari before and were totally wowed.
The tents are beautiful and face out onto the Mara river - listening to the hippos at night was magical.
The staff and service were amazing, first class! I am a vegetarian and I LOVED the food!
Our driver was Enos - he went above and beyond the call in our mind and was just absolutely brilliant and we loved being in his company. We felt like we learned a lot from him over the course of the drives. We saw the big five and a crossing and were delighted!!!
Loved the little gifts we were given in the room, hot water bottles at night, tea and biscuits delivered to the room at dawn - the whole thing was bliss!!
Highly recommend this camp to anyone and hope to revisit some day soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' IL Moran Camp is small and intimate. Located right in the heart of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, this small luxurious camp is hidden under ancient trees, deep in the forest on the banks of the Mara River. 10 spacious tents line the winding river banks of the Mara River. With the best game viewing right on your doorstep game drives and game walks are included in the rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Governors' Il Moran Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors' Il Moran Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve