We have just returned from our 3rd visit to Il Moran in 12 months which in itself speaks volumes! Each trip we have made has been better than the last in every way. We extended our stay from 4 to 6 nights and saw 5 kills (2 cheetah and 3 lion) as well as several unsuccessful chases.we also bagged 6 leopard, mating Serval cats and full blown hyena activity and as for the bird life -awesome. Our driver was Simon Sitieni and his knowledge of the Mara and its amazing inhabitants was mainly responsible for the depth and variety of our experience. The camp site itself is perfectly located on the banks of the Mara and every effort was made to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. It is not inexpensive and consequently cannot make our 4th visit until next year but we feel we feel you get what you pay for.while our passion for wildlife continues, we will not be looking elsewhere for a safari experience. We feel we have now invested personally in Il Moran and it in returned has invested in us by our excellent treatment. Patrick, you are a legend! Nicholas, Dave still wants your shirt! Philip, professional, attentive and understated! Richard, thank you for being so HAPPY when you woke us every morning and as for Simon, well we can't wait to see you all again soon! XXXX
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' IL Moran Camp is small and intimate. Located right in the heart of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, this small luxurious camp is hidden under ancient trees, deep in the forest on the banks of the Mara River. 10 spacious tents line the winding river banks of the Mara River. With the best game viewing right on your doorstep game drives and game walks are included in the rate. Governors has been pioneering immersive and transformational safaris in the Mara since 1972. We were the first operators to be permanently based inside the Mara, our site was chosen for its prime location and was the designated “getaway” for the Governors of Kenya. Unfenced and right in the heart of the action. Our camps are Located in some of the best and most precious Wildlife Locations in the world. We are a family with a colourful cast of characters that embodies the spirit of safari, while placing the care of the environment, community and conservation at the heart of everything we do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Governors' Il Moran Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors' Il Moran Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve