We went to Il Moran for 5 days in March of this year..low season just before the camp closed for April/May.. this was our 3rd visit Excellent camp, very relaxed atmosphere..food excellent I am a veggie so usually a problem but not here, everyday there was something for me to eat and if not Simon would cook something else...nothing was too much trouble, most of the staff had not changed and it was lovely to see them all again...Beds are big and comfortable, shower area very large and and nice hot bath at the end of a long day was most welcome. The position of the camp on the Mara river is second to none as it was teaming with wildlife, where as other camps had to travel quite some distance to the Musiara area to see it, but we had it on our doorstep. The Marsh pride were camped just outside in between Il Moran and Main Governors, our guide Sammy was excellent and knew the lineage of the animals we were looking at and we had time to study them at very close quarters, we learnt alot from him this time. Did not do the balloon safari from Little Governors as we had done it before but would definitely recommend it also the bush walk, as again you learn alot from the local Masi guide about the flora and fauna and the plants they use for different things. We would definitely recommend this camp, we have stayed in much higher spec camps but this has it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' IL Moran Camp is small and intimate. Located right in the heart of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, this small luxurious camp is hidden under ancient trees, deep in the forest on the banks of the Mara River. 10 spacious tents line the winding river banks of the Mara River. With the best game viewing right on your doorstep game drives and game walks are included in the rate. Governors has been pioneering immersive and transformational safaris in the Mara since 1972. We were the first operators to be permanently based inside the Mara, our site was chosen for its prime location and was the designated “getaway” for the Governors of Kenya. Unfenced and right in the heart of the action. Our camps are Located in some of the best and most precious Wildlife Locations in the world. We are a family with a colourful cast of characters that embodies the spirit of safari, while placing the care of the environment, community and conservation at the heart of everything we do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Governors' Il Moran Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors' Il Moran Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve