My husband and I stayed at EPC for 4 nights early march. This is our 5th safari and I have to say that the game in the Northern Conservancy is above all expectancy, even compared with Masaai Mara itself. Everything seems to be just there right outside the camp. We had tent no 1, the honeymoon tent which is the furthest away but that's exactly what we liked. It was awesome to sit on tent veranda and watch a herd of elephant grazing only a short distance away. One night a herd of buffalo were grazing right outside the tent, their breathing sounded really loud up against the canvas. It is so lovely to wake up each morning to the beautiful chorus of birds, hyenas, baboons - and best of all - lots of roaring from the lions!
The camp itself is lovely, very well run by Patrick and Sophie. They make everyone feel welcome and look after their guests very well. Lunches and meals are a really cosy affair, all sitting together in the dining tent looking out onto the plains.
Our guide George was a really good guide, he seemed to know where all the game was and due to his great observation skills we had some truly amazing encounters. He would spot the game and stop the jeep, always mysteriously seeming to know where the animals were headed - and twice we had the big Peacock and Cheli pride choosing to walk right by us, some of them about 2 feet away, some of them even sniffing the wheel under where I sat (intensely holding my breath) - amazing experience first thing in the morning and not another soul about!
We highly recommend this camp to anyone that enjoys close encounters with wildlife without the big crowds around each viewing of game like you have in the Mara itself, a small intimate camp with brilliant staff, we very much enjoyed the company of the guys working there! Loved sitting by the camp fire with a drink before dinner.
We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elephant Pepper Camp is situated within the Mara North Conservancy. Small and exclusive, the camp is located in the heart of the African Bush. Our spacious canvas tents are comfortably furnished, featuring en suite bathrooms with flush toilets and traditional safari showers. Nothing rivals sitting around the campfire enjoying the sounds of the African night. Elephant Pepper Camp brings people back to nature – no traffic, no permanent structures, just the sights and sounds of the African bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Elephant Pepper Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Pepper Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Elephant Pepper Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve