We did a lot of research before choosing Kicheche Bush Camp and I have to say we were delighted with our decision (possibly even smug!). The wildlife in the area was superb, and worth all those early mornings. The food was outstanding and the whole vibe of the camp was exactly what we were looking for.....beautiful tents, amazing staff etc. There is nothing like being out on the conservancy with no other human life for miles around, and elephants, lions etc within 10 feet. There were no crowds around the animals. Back at the camp, i loved the campfire in the evenings, the hot water bottles in your bed, and going to sleep with the sounds of wildebeest and zebra in earshot. There is huge attention to detail, from the decor to the service - the staff (especially Livingstone & Kennedy) are a credit to Emma & Darren.
Tips on what to bring: it´s chilly in the mornings and evenings so bring layers and a fleece. It gets very hot in the afternoon so make sure you have suncream and a hat. I also found light scarves invaluable for both scenarios. Your clothes don´t have to be all khaki, any neutral or pastel shades will work. Unless you go on a bush walk, you won´t do a huge amount of walking so trainers are fine, or even Uggs ;). Finally, dry shampoo is brilliant to save time when you´d prefer a few more zzzzz´s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate luxury camp of only 6 tents located in the exclusive Olare Orok Conservancy of the Masai Mara. The camps top quality guides and hosts will ensure you a superb safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Kicheche Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kicheche Bush Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kicheche Bush Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve