I spent 6 nights at the Kicheche Bush Camp as part of a group. The journey from the airstrip to the camp is short. The tents are large and spacious with two single beds or they are put together to form a double. A hot water bottle in the bed at night was most welcome to take the chill off the sheets, but later pushed out as it was not really needed. The tents are well equipped with hanging space, a flushing toilet, tap with cold water, water for cleaning your teeth, a water barrel containing drinking water, a wind up torch, whistle and radio for emergencies, towels, toiletries, electric lighting and a bucket shower with hot water. This is one aspect I had my doubts about, but it worked really well and Joseph ensured we had plenty of water which was hot.
The food was tasty with a good variety and they very kindly dealt with my 'no wheat' problem. There was lots to eat and no one was going to starve.
Our guides/drivers were Nelson, Patrick and James, who were all excellent with a very good knowledge of the animals. We were photographers and all the guides knew where to place the vehicles to get the best light and positions for our photos. Without their enthusiasm we would not have done so well. A big thanks must also go to Livingston, another guide, who often found the animals for us. The wildlife in this area is amazing without having to travel too far.
Our hosts where Emma and Darren, who are lovely couple, prepared to do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.
This is one camp you should consider as it is outstanding. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, tasty food and superb wildlife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate luxury camp of only 6 tents located in the exclusive Olare Orok Conservancy of the Masai Mara. The camps top quality guides and hosts will ensure you a superb safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Kicheche Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kicheche Bush Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kicheche Bush Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve