We have stayed in some very luxurious tents but Kicheche definitely came out on top. The tent was amazing, we know that in a tent we are lucky to have lights, in Kicheche the lights have shades!! The bucket shower was perfect and always plenty of water for 2 of us. The camp is on a conservancy it is part of the Masai Mara. This was our 4th safari holiday but the first in Kenya. We were worried that Kenya would have too many people and vehicles but apart from one occasion when we found ourselves surrounded by 25 other vehicles, this was never a problem. I agree with the comments about Darren and Emma, they are wonderful hosts and the staff were great. James was our guide for the 4 days we were there and you could tell that he has worked with professional photographers because he was always very aware of the position of the vehicle and the light, he often passed on information to us we didn't know, which we thought was excellent considering how many safaris we had done previously. The food was really good, we always had a picnic breakfast on the game drive and had lunch outside and our evening meal inside. I couldn't begin to list all of the game we saw it was amazing, especially the cats. We saw 3 cheetah cubs ( around a year old) playing with a plastic water bottle, it was just like watching 3 house kittens playing, a sight I will never forget. The guides made sure they got rid of the plastic bottles after.We watched lions feeding on a hippo, lions mating and a very thin lioness kill a young buffalo that had been left behind because it had a broken leg. I cried when i saw the kill (my first ) but the next day the lioness had taken her 2 small cubs to feed, it made it easier. The most special sighting was the first of Acacia's (a leopardess ) 2 very small cubs and only 2 of us managed to get a photo of 1, they were beautiful.
Geoff ( my husband ) and myself have travelled to many wonderful places around the world but we have never returned to anywhere no matter how lovely they have been, we will definitely return to Kicheche ? If you want to go on safari and just tick off animals as you see them, this is not the place for you. If you love wildlife and want to learn a lot and spend time with likeminded people, go to Kicheche , you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate luxury camp of only 6 tents located in the exclusive Olare Orok Conservancy of the Masai Mara. The camps top quality guides and hosts will ensure you a superb safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Kicheche Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kicheche Bush Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kicheche Bush Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve