My friends and I went to a Masai Mara safari with Phoenix Safaris' guide Ambe. The experience was amazing but what really made it even more amazing was the skilled, enthusiastic and jolly guide Ambe. He was a true, dedicated professional in his job. He was always on time when he came to pick us up. The amount of knowledge he had about all the different plant and animal species was incredible and he also knew the scientific names for different species. He could tell hundreds of details about the behavior of different species, their habitats, their what’s and why’s. Especially impressed we were when we were looking at the hippos. When one snorted, Ambe said: “They are very territorial animals. That’s a territory grunt. Soon you will hear the next group grunting back.” And that’s exactly what happened.
What also was heartwarming to notice was that he was truly concerned about the animals and nature. We didn’t go too close to the animals and avoided disturbing them the best we could. If he saw something making the animals uneasy he immediately spotted it and mentioned it. We’ve all worked with animals for years and have a strong background from animal behavior. We could tell he was at least at the same level if not even further in reading the wild animals’ signs.
He could also spot different species from very difficult spots. We were able to see animals and plants we wouldn’t have seen if not for this gifted guide.
Ambe had a good network of colleagues and cooperated with them in order to find interesting animals and things to see. His driving on the roads was conscious and he didn’t take too big risks in the chaotic Kenyan traffic.
We also enjoyed our stay at the Mara Siria camp. The tents were outstanding and the staff was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Siria is a specially designed luxury tented bush camp for those travellers who want to experience a true wildlife safari off the beaten track. Mara Siria Camp reverts to the original spirit and to the true meaning of “Safari” by offering individual services and private atmosphere.The camp's location on top of the Siria Escarpment offers an unique and stunning view into the plains of the Maasai Mara Triangle and at the Mara River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Mara Siria Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Siria Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Siria Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve