Staff is very friendly and makes considerable efforts to make stays enjoyable, while being sometimes disorganised.
Food was very good, every second day barbequed by a very charming cook. Open bonfire adds to a very nice camping athmosphere. Guests are frequently asked to share tables with other groups, since the dining place is too small to hold all guests. But staff were very friendly and accomodated our request to eat separately on our terrace.
Hot water is not readily available, which visitors should probably accept for the sake of eco-friendliness. Staff have to carry along hot water. But the confused organisation left us once with cold showers, and once with lukewarm showers. One has to chase personnel to secure a hot shower. Also, our shower was completely open to one side, with neighbours and passers-by enjoying and unhindered view on anyone taking a shower. This was probably intended to allow for a view of the panorama while taking a shower, but somewhat badly implemented. When we asked for a curtain to be installed we got one one morning, only to be removed later that day, and we had to request it to be re-installed again the next day.
But the really important minus is the lack of warm bedding. It got quite cold at night, and a hot water bottle in bed is nice but if combined only with thin blankets does not make a big difference. I had to beg for additional blankets, but the two Masai blankets granted did not make much difference. I ended up sleeping fully dressed, which is not very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Siria is a specially designed luxury tented bush camp for those travellers who want to experience a true wildlife safari off the beaten track. Mara Siria Camp reverts to the original spirit and to the true meaning of “Safari” by offering individual services and private atmosphere.The camp's location on top of the Siria Escarpment offers an unique and stunning view into the plains of the Maasai Mara Triangle and at the Mara River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Mara Siria Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Siria Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Siria Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve