As others have remarked, "luxury" in the name may mislead some. This is a solidly comfortable, well-managed little resort that has nailed many important ingredients, starting with the friendly, knowledgeable staff who are all willing to go the extra mile. I certainly wasn't expecting full-service game drives with just one other person sharing an open-sided four-wheel-drive that was perfect for photography. The drive up and down the escarpment didn't feel that long, and was less bouncy than some of the park tracks. Fabulous views, including from the front porch of my tent (13 or 14?). The tents are very large for one or two people, with flush toilets and a private outdoor shower (plentiful hot water under a starry sky - sign me up!). Shared tables and a little lounge help in striking up conversations with the other guests. The meals are tasty and the packed breakfast for our early-morning game drive was plentiful, but not precisely gourmet. Please don't come expecting Aveda toiletries and champagne mimosas for breakfast! The overall reasonable price should tell you that this is not over-the-top luxury.
Do come if you want your game drive guide to know a lot about animal behaviour and to have cultivated such good relationships with all the other guides that he can pick up the radio messages and bring you to one spectacular sight after another. Can't say enough good things about Paul, after a short two days that included two lion kills, cheetahs, a rhino and Oh My Goodness, a herd of wildebeest crossing the Mara River even though this was near the very end of the migration. Others had waited all day to see that; Paul figured out the golden moment to show up! Lots of birdlife and all the other animals you could normally hope for, too.
Booked through Phoenix and was very happy with their door-to-door service from Nairobi. It is not always easy to feel perfectly safe as a woman travelling alone in Africa, but their seamless transfers were just what I needed. What a weekend! Thank you all so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Siria is a specially designed luxury tented bush camp for those travellers who want to experience a true wildlife safari off the beaten track. Mara Siria Camp reverts to the original spirit and to the true meaning of “Safari” by offering individual services and private atmosphere.The camp's location on top of the Siria Escarpment offers an unique and stunning view into the plains of the Maasai Mara Triangle and at the Mara River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Mara Siria Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Siria Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Siria Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve