A friend and I recently spent a dazzling four days at Cottar's, and it was the best experience that I have had in many years of world-wide travel. Our expectations - which were very high - were exceeded in every way. Ken and Paramelia, our guide and spotter on our daily game drives, were simply the best and located everything from a new-born elephant to a pair of mating lions. The staff at the camp anticipated our every need - and always with a smile that would light up a room. Charlotte and James, the new young managers, are knowledgable and professional and provided us with a warm welcome that we will never forget. We were fortunate to meet Calvin and Louise Cottar and their engaging son Jasper, who spent a few days at the camp while we were there. Calvin gave a slide presentation one evening and talked about the generations of his family who have been in the safari business for almost a hundred years. What a treat! Calvin's knowledge of Kenya and its wildlife is prodigious, and he graciously answered all of our questions about wildlife preservation as well as the camp's many-layered history. Cottar's has it all - an incomparable staff, delicious food, a stunning location, passionately involved owners and the atmosphere of an authentic 1920's safari camp. Thanks to the Cottar family and to all of the Cottar's Camp Team for the most glorious travel experience of a lifetime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cottar Safari tradition began in 1919. Nearly 90 years on, we continue to provide an unparalleled safari experience to discerning clients in Africa. Extending an era of luxury and quality, we return to the original spirit and essence of "safari", reminiscent of a golden era; an era of romance, professional guiding, adventure and elegance. Situated in the Masai Mara, in an untouched exclusive concession bordering the Serengeti and Loliondo reserves, the area guarantees privacy and an abundance of wildlife. The camp accommodates up to 28 guests in authentic white canvas tents, which are spacious and luxuriously furnished. The Cottar's Homestead is a private villa with 5 en suite bedrooms, amazing views and private chef and guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Jovago.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Cottar's 1920's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottar`s Camp 1920`s Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Cottar's 1920's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve