This was my second visit to Cottars and I will be back again. If you want to do a safari then this is the place for you. It has so many redeeming features that is hard to know where to start. The quiet, tranquillity, lack of clutter, away from the rest of the world, the beauty, the majesty, the privacy, the animals, the Masi guides, the endless scenery, the yummy food and tents and the service are all the die for. It may seem a little pricey but once you are there in paradise - there are no add ons - no dipping into your pocket for a game drive, or a wine and so on. Plus the experience of Cottars is well worth every dollar spent. It is simply special and stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cottar Safari tradition began in 1919. Nearly 90 years on, we continue to provide an unparalleled safari experience to discerning clients in Africa. Extending an era of luxury and quality, we return to the original spirit and essence of "safari", reminiscent of a golden era; an era of romance, professional guiding, adventure and elegance. Situated in the Masai Mara, in an untouched exclusive concession bordering the Serengeti and Loliondo reserves, the area guarantees privacy and an abundance of wildlife. The camp accommodates up to 28 guests in authentic white canvas tents, which are spacious and luxuriously furnished. The Cottar's Homestead is a private villa with 5 en suite bedrooms, amazing views and private chef and guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Cottar's 1920's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottar`s Camp 1920`s Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Cottar's 1920's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve