We spent five days at the end of October 2013 as part of a family group of 9, ages ranging from 7 to 79 years and we all enjoyed an experience of a lifetime. No two days were the same and saw some amazing wildlife every day. Everything about Kilima camp is good with an incredible setting overlooking the Masai Mara. All the staff were friendly and very helpful - they accommodated the needs of a large family group very comfortably and with a smile. Security is taken care of by Masai warriors and trained guards; not that this seemed to be a problem, but reassuring nonetheless.
The game drives were wonderful, some days as an all-day drive (including a picnic in the park), others as a dawn drive, followed by a leisurely late breakfast and an afternoon drive until dusk. The game drives were in fantastic spacious and comfortable specially adapted all-terrain vehicles with open sides - Probably the best game drive vehicles we saw anywhere in the park. Martin, our guide, was excellent - he had an amazing skill at spotting animals that were mere dots in the horizon that we only saw when we were very close. Martin, like the other drivers, was a very careful driver, attentive, patient and knowledgeable. He took care to position the vehicle for the best views and photos, without being intrusive to the animals.
We stayed in the deluxe tents, which were just like the photos on their website; very spacious and well serviced (with a very welcome hot water bottle in our beds, for those chilly evenings!) The restaurant and bar area are in a central open-plan lodge with incredible views over the Masai Mara - perfect for a sundowner after a great game drive. A great experience for all the family; thank you Kilima Camp for everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilima Camp is a small and intimate eco-friendly tented camp with a stunning view over the Mara rive and the Masai Mara Reserve.Like all our standard tents, our two new Deluxe tents benefit from fantastic and unspoiled views!We offer excellent game viewing in the Mara Triangle with our 4x4 vehicle and our qualified and experienced guides. Being this close to nature , with panoramic views of the Masai Mara, we guarantee you that you will see amazing wildlife ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kilima Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilima Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kilima Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve