We stayed at Kilima for three nights at the end of July. The camp enjoys a unique location, a few miles from the national park, on the top of an escarpment overlooking the Mara, with breathtaking views of the river and surrounding savannah. Dawn and sunset were particularly spectacular, though the views were attractive at all times. The camp is very well run, neatly laid out and clean. Personable, helpful staff for whom nothing seems to be too much trouble - even an unreliable computer connexion. The tents are large and well proportioned - our first experience of 'glamping'. Food, including the picnic lunches, was fine and always carefully presented. The game drives were beyond our expectation - saw everything and more than we had imagined; lots of (positive) heart-stopping moments, including rhino and calf passing within a few feet, a lioness and cub close enough to hear the cub mewing and the lioness panting, 'trekking' with wildebeast and zebras, and being surrounded by elephants and giraffes ... and much, much more. Probably invidious to mention any one individual, but our guide was Martin who seemed able to conjure one spectacular moment after another - cannot commend him (or Kilima for that matter) too highly. An experience of a lifetime. Colin & Beth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilima Camp is a small and intimate eco-friendly tented camp with a stunning view over the Mara rive and the Masai Mara Reserve.Like all our standard tents, our two new Deluxe tents benefit from fantastic and unspoiled views!We offer excellent game viewing in the Mara Triangle with our 4x4 vehicle and our qualified and experienced guides. Being this close to nature , with panoramic views of the Masai Mara, we guarantee you that you will see amazing wildlife ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Kilima Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilima Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kilima Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve