The sleeping tents....don't worry about sleeping in a tent. This is not camping by any means. The tents are large and very comfortable, with everything you need and great views looking out over the masai. Each tent is separated from the others by space and bushy fences for privacy. At night when it was cold the tents were closed up and hot water bottles were put in our beds by staff while we were eating dinner. Great touch!
I was dubious about the 'on demand' hot water, but it was never a problem. The water was hot hot, the showers were fantastic rain showers and the water seemed to last forever.
At night the fire pit was a great place to relax and talk, have a few drinks and some 'biteys' before dinner. All meals were 3 course, and if you have any specific food requirements just let the chef and staff know and they will do their best to help you out. It was all fresh and tasty and you wont be going hungry!
A very easy place to relax and hangout, and the smaller size camp definitely gives you a more private and personalised feeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilima Camp is a small and intimate eco-friendly tented camp with a stunning view over the Mara rive and the Masai Mara Reserve.Like all our standard tents, our two new Deluxe tents benefit from fantastic and unspoiled views!We offer excellent game viewing in the Mara Triangle with our 4x4 vehicle and our qualified and experienced guides. Being this close to nature , with panoramic views of the Masai Mara, we guarantee you that you will see amazing wildlife ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Kilima Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilima Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kilima Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve