We stayed at Kilima for 3 nights in July at the start of our honeymoon and we had the most amazing time! We booked through Imagine Africa who were really great in planning our trip from start to finish – even happily answering all my many many questions I had in the run up! ;0)
The staff at Kilima are super friendly and made us feel right at home. The camp itself is basic but it has that luxurious touch to all the tents (we stayed in the large honeymoon tents which were just fabulous!) The food each day was plentiful and yummy – 3 course lunch and dinner each day! And the spa tent offered fab massages and an amazing experience of a bubble bath overlooking the Mara River (not to be missed!)
The view is one of the best features of this camp. Yes it’s a bumpy 20min ride to the camp (and down each day to reach the park) but it is definitely worth it as the views you get are stunning!
Each night we sat around a camp fire sipping yummy wine discussing what we had seen that day. As the sun goes in we were called to dinner which was always yummy and varied and served with a flourish by the fantastic waiter! The night guard then walks you back to your tent where a hot water bottle was cozying up our bed :)
Our game driver Martin was very knowledgeable about the area and managed to go off road away from all the other vehicles meaning we were very much ‘on our own’ for the majority of the time. The viewing is great – so many animals that we actually got blasé about seeing another elephant or giraffe! ;0)
On the full day safari we stopped at a gorgeous spot for lunch supping an ice cold beer and gazing at the animals down the valley. A moment we will always remember!
We took a walking safari one day with one of the tribesman from the local Masai village and although we did not see many animals (there are not too many at the top of the hill where the camp is) it was interesting non the less as he educated us in Masai life and how they survive in the Mara.
There were many zebras in and around camp as well as warthogs and gazelle which was always exciting to see when you come out your tent in the morning! Although there were none on one particular morning as a male lion had decided to set up camp outside our tent!
Overall we had an absolutely fantastic time at Kilima made more so by the attentive wonderful staff. As my new husband said – it is the friendliest place on Earth!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilima Camp is a small and intimate eco-friendly tented camp with a stunning view over the Mara rive and the Masai Mara Reserve.Like all our standard tents, our two new Deluxe tents benefit from fantastic and unspoiled views!We offer excellent game viewing in the Mara Triangle with our 4x4 vehicle and our qualified and experienced guides. Being this close to nature , with panoramic views of the Masai Mara, we guarantee you that you will see amazing wildlife ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Despegar.com so you can book your Kilima Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilima Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kilima Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve