We were booked into the Porini Lion camp, so were somewhat surprised to be delivered to the Porini Mara instead. But what a great mix-up - we loved this camp, came right up to our expectations of a Porini camp (having stayed at the Porini Amboseli). It blended into the surrounding nature, with animals whining, snorting and calling all night we really were in the wild. The camp staff ensured we were safe at all times, accompanying us to and from our tents at night, with whistles and torches in the tent just in case we had unwelcome visitors. The food was brilliant, given the small kitchen tent and the remoteness of the camp. Fresh fruit, vegetables, salads, all beautifully presented. Our guides Shadrack and Marima were great, the camp manager Jimmy always took time to sit with us and have a chat. The conservancy gave us the feeling we were the only ones there (unlike the Mara, which although stunning, grated after a while when there were dozens of jeeps jostling for photos of the 2 cheetahs or lions). Well worth staying here to get that bush feeling, vast empty spaces with just animals and enjoy the night drives - a whole new experience. The eco credentials of the camp (solar energy, safari buckets) are an extra boon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porini Mara Camp is located in the exclusive 17,500 acre wildlife conservancy of Ol Kinyei, one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the Serengeti-Mara eco-system. The camp has 6 spacious guest tents with an en-suite bathroom sited in the shade of Yellow-barked Acacia trees. The camp accommodates a maximum of 12 guests, where guests enjoy game drives in 4x4s, sundowners at scenic viewing points and escorted walks with Maasai guides. Ol Kinyei is noted for its excellent wildlife viewing with a resident pride of lions, cheetahs, leopards and a wide variety of animals. There is a strict limit on the number of tourist vehicles allowed in the conservancy so that visitors from the camp can view the wildlife without other vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Porini Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Porini Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Porini Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve