We've just returned from this paradise to a snowy SE England - the contrast couldn't be greater. Yesterday morning we were walking with our guides looking at the wealth of wildlife around us and soaking up the marvellous scenery in 32 degrees and today it's back to reality! Our guides were wonderfully knowledgeable and the drivers very skilful. We saw animals galore including lions and a black rhino! Everybody at the camp did their best to make us welcome and to look after us and our 'tents' were bliss. I went to sleep on the first night to the sounds of a hippo splashing in the nearby river. I should love to return. Thank you to all at the camp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porini Mara Camp is located in the exclusive 17,500 acre wildlife conservancy of Ol Kinyei, one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the Serengeti-Mara eco-system. The camp has 6 spacious guest tents with an en-suite bathroom sited in the shade of Yellow-barked Acacia trees. The camp accommodates a maximum of 12 guests, where guests enjoy game drives in 4x4s, sundowners at scenic viewing points and escorted walks with Maasai guides. Ol Kinyei is noted for its excellent wildlife viewing with a resident pride of lions, cheetahs, leopards and a wide variety of animals. There is a strict limit on the number of tourist vehicles allowed in the conservancy so that visitors from the camp can view the wildlife without other vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Porini Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Porini Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Porini Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve