i will preface this by saying if you want a hot shower at will, temperature control in your room, electricity, etc. this is not the place for you. these are not luxurious tents, but clean and comfortable. what makes the porini camps so special is the experience. you will literally be next to the wildlife, being guided by knowledgeable, friendly masai, with no one around you, esp on the conservancy. once you get into the mara, more crowded and much more touristy. i wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to come to the porini camps, but be forewarned about the rustic nature of the camps. solar power means just that. a safari shower is a 5 gallon bucket shower with water carried to your tent by one of the masai workers. food was great and the staff beyond friendly. once in a lifetime experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porini Mara Camp is located in the exclusive 17,500 acre wildlife conservancy of Ol Kinyei, one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the Serengeti-Mara eco-system. The camp has 6 spacious guest tents with an en-suite bathroom sited in the shade of Yellow-barked Acacia trees. The camp accommodates a maximum of 12 guests, where guests enjoy game drives in 4x4s, sundowners at scenic viewing points and escorted walks with Maasai guides. Ol Kinyei is noted for its excellent wildlife viewing with a resident pride of lions, cheetahs, leopards and a wide variety of animals. There is a strict limit on the number of tourist vehicles allowed in the conservancy so that visitors from the camp can view the wildlife without other vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Porini Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Porini Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Porini Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve