I recently spent 3 nights at Porini Mara camp (Ol Kinyei Conservancy) and it was absolutely fantastic!! This was my third visit to this camp, and definitely my best ever safari experience over the past 30 years.
The staff gave an unbelievably high quality service, and nothing was ever too much trouble.
Food was varied and prepared and presented to a very high standard, as good as you get in any 'hotel' in Africa .......(I have travelled all over Africa, so I know!!). And the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in!
My safari guides (Stanley & Geoffrey) were fabulous, and their wildlife spotting skills were out of this world!! One example was when we were ambling along in the conservancy one morning, and Geoffrey suddenly said "Cheetah, to the right". We looked, and couldn't see anything. He said "see that bush about 100 metres over there, to the left there's a little wagging tail". Sure enough, when we got closer, there was a cheetah secreted in the thicket, with four gorgeous little cubs about three months old. We spent the next hour or so with them, and of course because it is a private game conservancy, we were the only vehicle in the area, so these five wonderful creatures were not hounded by countless mini-buses as they would have been in the neighbouring Masai Game Reserve ....... this is one of the best things about going to Ol Kinyei - the game is yours and yours alone, and there’s nothing better than just sitting there watching them being a family, and all the interaction that goes on.
Thank you to everyone involved with Porini Mara …… I’ll be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porini Mara Camp is located in the exclusive 17,500 acre wildlife conservancy of Ol Kinyei, one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the Serengeti-Mara eco-system. The camp has 6 spacious guest tents with an en-suite bathroom sited in the shade of Yellow-barked Acacia trees. The camp accommodates a maximum of 12 guests, where guests enjoy game drives in 4x4s, sundowners at scenic viewing points and escorted walks with Maasai guides. Ol Kinyei is noted for its excellent wildlife viewing with a resident pride of lions, cheetahs, leopards and a wide variety of animals. There is a strict limit on the number of tourist vehicles allowed in the conservancy so that visitors from the camp can view the wildlife without other vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Porini Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Porini Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Porini Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve