We went to the Fig Tree 25th November for the third year in a row and as usual the tents were lovely and clean. It is a nice setting.
Safari was really good.
BUT the food was terrible. There were only a few people at the camp so instead of a buffet they served a meal at the table. On the first day I was offered beef or lamb. I explained that I didn't eat red meat so the waiter said he would get the beef dish !!! I ordered two cheeses salads which was O.K. In the evening chicken or beef was offered. I had the chicken and was offered rice or potatoes. I explained that I didn't eat rice but the meal came with rice and potatoes which was terrible !! I could not eat the potatoes or the vegtables, they were re heated and horrible.
Second day I was offered pork or beef. My husband had the pork. The meal again came out looking exactley the same as the evening meal - potatoes and rice and a small amount of carrots. The pork was deep fried and you could not get it off the stick !! I had a cheese salad. Our evening meal was a cheese salald as we were once again offered beef or lamb.
Third day we were leaving we lost the will to live and did not have lunch before our flight. A few other people didn't eat lunch for the same reason.
When we got the coast we got talking to someone who once worked at the Fig Tree. They told us that their hygiene was not the best in the world. They store raw meat on top of cooked meat. They weighed raw and cooked meat and CHEESE on the same scales without washing anything !! I am surpised we did not get food posoning.
Never ever again will I go to this lodge !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fig Tree Camp, located in the prestigious Masai Mara National Reserve, is a luxurious lodge with top-class amenities and service. You have a reason to adventure, we give you the hospitality to go with it. This 72 roomed property is ideal for game drives and nature walks. Our rooms comprise of the superior Ngaboli tents, executive standard tents and lodge rooms, all fitted with facilities to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The Talek River also snakes its way around the camp, to give you that serene and tranquil feel from the hustle and bustle of the city. We do hope you enjoy your stay with us. Welcome to Fig Tree Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fig Tree Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fig Tree Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Fig Tree Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve