All reviews tented camp maasai mara deer wandering local singer half an hour drive interesting drive vervet monkeys main gate bumpy road picnic lunch balloon trip sekenani gate every evening unique experience reception area hot water safari experience
Reviewed February 2, 2017

We visited Siana Springs and Maasai Mara in early October of 2016, and it was a magical experience! First off: the garden. It was perfectly tended by several professional gardeners, and there were real tame impalas (african deer animals) walking between all the perfectly cut grass and wonderfully colored plants and trees and flowers everywhere! Secondly, the rooms: they seemed like the magic tents from Harry Potter! Never before have I seen a tent which had a beautiful and perfectly functioning bathroom inside of it! And third, the food in the restaurant: this was flawless as well! Excellent food, I had perhaps my best meals in all of Africa there. And best of all, I think, were the people working there. Kenya had struck me already as having very friendly and helpful people, yet never were people so nice as in Siana Springs. Due to a delay on the way there, we arrived quite late in the evening, around midnight, and all the staff of the hotel stayed up to welcome us personally! And they even had a spacious campfire, where a very skilled local singer with a guitar sang songs on request (and he knew a lot of songs).

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Thij v
Siana_Sp, General Manager at Siana Springs Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

I am the current general Manager for Siana Springs Tented Camp.

Among my duties is to make sure that clients are professionally well received and taken care of at all times.

We have engaged a professional chef to make sure the menus and the quality of the food is of the highest hygienically prepared and quality is guaranteed.

I must mention that we now have a new road to the Camp and the tents have been renovated by changing the worn out fly sheets and the inner tents.
The situation has improved very much as we continue receiving repeat clients for the last 2 years now.

There is no conservancy fee charged when staying at Siana Springs Tented Camp.

It is actually 15 km from camp to the Gate

Just give us a try and you will not regret.

Paul

Reviewed November 10, 2016

Siana Springs was a wonderful experience for my daughter and I. The staff went far above their normal duties to ensure our stay was delightful. The tents were clean, comfortable beds, a hot water bottle each night was put in beds each night. The food was delicious. A 5+ star stay for us.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Siana_Sp, General Manager at Siana Springs Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2016

We appreciate very much your review. Our staff are a major asset to us and we encourage them to try and make our guests feel at home away from home by providing excellent services and offering experiences thereby exceeding our guests expectations...

Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

Smooth check in. With spotted deers and multitudes of birds roaming freely inside the property. Special mention to Joseph who took care of us during the stay. Very comfortable accommodation. Wifi is only available near the reception though.Excellent service.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Siana_Sp, General Manager at Siana Springs Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2016

Dear Customer
Thank you so much for the positive comments you posted during your recent stay with us here at Siana Springs Tented Camp.
We, as a team, value your comments so much and strive always to do our best while improving on our excellent services and products and exceeding our guests expectations.

Respectably Yours

Reviewed October 30, 2016

We stayed here two nights while on our trip in Kenya. The place is ran on generators, so the power is shut off mid day and then from 11pm to 6am. We were the only 8 guests staying during this time. It is a small staffed camp, but they are all very friendly and helpful. Our tent had two beds and a full bathroom with shower, toilet and running water. They put hot water bottles in your bed at night because it gets a little chilly. The wifi is free, but it does have a hard time connecting and it only works while the generators are on during certain times. There were monkies all around - they were friendly, but for sure would take an opportunity to get your food and get in your tent. You have to tie a knot securing all of the zippers so they can not enter your room, look for food, and potentially make a huge mess. There are also bush buck deers that wander the property. You can tell they are used to people because they will walk right up to you. I was able to take a selfie with one she was so close to me.
There is also a little gift shop, that holds certain hours. Prices are reasonable.
There is one restaurant - it does both buffet and menu, however when it is a menu meal you are at their mercy as there are not a lot of choices - maybe 2 at best. I have a lot of dietary restrictions and I really struggled staying here. I was not aware of the limitations and was glad I packed a lot of protein bars, protein and nuts. I got very excited one afternoon because grilled fish was on the menu, I ordered that and when it was brought to me, it wasn't cooked all the way. The lady took it back and corrected it, but I was very frustrated because it was one thing I could eat and it came out poorly. Anyway, minus that the food was good, not great, but good enough and the staff was always friendly and fairly prompt. Except for with hot drinks - coffee, tea, hot chocolate - those took forever to get served.
There was also a fire pit with log seats that we sat around at night time.
And there was a bar area that was sat in as well, the wifi worked best there - it did not reach out tent, so we had to sit up in the bar or restaurant to get connected and even then it was tricky sometimes.
We have to Kenya before and stayed at another tent camp that was much nicer. However, if I hadn't stayed there prior I would have liked this place a little more, but I kept comparing it to the other. I am not sure I would stay here again, just because of the food issues, but I realize that is my personal issue and not everyone faces that.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Customer

As for the Wifi, plans are at an advanced stage to provide wifi to the entire Camp. We run electricity using generators and power is available only at specified times. Wifi can no not be on if electricity is off.
As you understand, we are in a wildlife area as such all the animals are considered wild and should therefore be treated as such.
As for the menu variety and your dietary requirements, our chefs are very flexible and would have gladly handled your case was it brought to the Restaurant managements' attention. However I regret the grilled fish which was not grilled to your satisfaction and I have taken this issue with the chefs to avoid our future guests experience a similar situation.
As the delay in serving Teas/coffees/Hot chocolate, I ave taken it up with the Restaurant management for immediate improvement and we have started to afternoon tea/coffee/hot chocolate in the lounge to avoid unnecessary delays

I look forward to welcoming you, your family and friends back to Siana Springs Tented Camp in the the near future and sample our improved services and products.

Respectably Yours

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this camp for two nights while on safari at the Mara.
Comfortable tenting with private bathroom. Hot water bottles provided at night. Camp runs on a generator during designated times of the day, which most camps do. Food was good, coffee and tea with cookies served in afternoon in the bar area, after safari drives. There is a pool and a massage tent for massages. Large campfire area to enjoy in the evenings and swap stories of the daily game drives. Many deer and monkeys wander around the tents. Many birds and the Tree Hyrax are vocal in the early mornings. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Very comfortable and homey while on safari.

Trip type: Traveled with family

We appreciate very much your review and comments.