My husband and I recently stayed at the Sanctuary Olonana located harmoniously on the Mara River. Aside from wonderful game viewing in the 'Mara', we were thoroughly spoilt by the welcoming staff and entertained between game drives and eating fabulous fresh cuisine, by the pods of hippos in the river in front of the main lounge/dining area, and in front of our 'luxury tent'. Such funny antics, we could have watched them for hours. The 'luxury tents' are beautifully appointed and located very close to the river, an electric fence surrounds the camp, and deters any predators from entering plus the grounds are patrolled by security guards. After dark you are escorted to/from your accommodation to the main dining area. The camp is impressively 'green' and rightfully proud of it's eco friendly system. Very innovative. Our game viewing driver/spotter was outstanding and enhanced our safari experience wonderfully. They also have a great spa located beside the river, best massage I experienced for a long time. Great to iron out the kinks from the 'African Massages' of game driving!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Olonana, our award-winning tented camp situated on a private stretch of the Mara River, recently undergone a significant upgrade to the public areas of the lodge as well as a soft refurbishment to the tented rooms and pool area. The interior decor reflects a contemporary design using a combination of light earthy tones and the local Maasai women played an active part in the refurbishment using the same traditional technique used in their own houses to “mud” the interior walls in all of the main areas and curio shop. From the main viewing deck see and hear the family of noisy hippos who colonise the banks below the camp. Relax with a good book in the library, cool off in the pool or for an extra special treat, experience traditional African remedies and spa treatments in the mini-spa. Oversized Safari Tents – Built on the banks of the Mara River, the twelve canvas tents at Sanctuary Olonana are extremely comfortable and spacious. The ensuite tents all have two four-poster beds with floor to ceiling mosquito netting – making them perfect for families travelling with small children. Each of the private verandas overlook the river and offer the perfect spot where guests can relax and watch the resident hippos wallow in the water. There are also two honeymoon suites with each featuring outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Sanctuary Olonana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Olonana Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sanctuary Olonana Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve