We were having a Safari family holiday and stayed at the Sanctuary Olonana for 2 nights and 2 days. We could have easily stayed another 2 nights and will definitely try to do that sometime again.The team led by Maurice The Manager were Simply Outstanding!!! The tents were very spacious and every amenity had been provided for our comfort.the hippos outside the tent in the water just added to the awesome experience.
Big John and his team cooked us amazing food and Herman and his colleagues looked after us very well through all the meals. The Bush dinner organised one evening just for the three of us was Unbelievable!!The effort etc the staff took .in every way ..just to make us feel so special....Thank you Maurice and Team.
Definitely recommend a visit if you are looking for something out of the ordinary...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Olonana, our award-winning tented camp situated on a private stretch of the Mara River, recently undergone a significant upgrade to the public areas of the lodge as well as a soft refurbishment to the tented rooms and pool area. The interior decor reflects a contemporary design using a combination of light earthy tones and the local Maasai women played an active part in the refurbishment using the same traditional technique used in their own houses to “mud” the interior walls in all of the main areas and curio shop. From the main viewing deck see and hear the family of noisy hippos who colonise the banks below the camp. Relax with a good book in the library, cool off in the pool or for an extra special treat, experience traditional African remedies and spa treatments in the mini-spa. Oversized Safari Tents – Built on the banks of the Mara River, the twelve canvas tents at Sanctuary Olonana are extremely comfortable and spacious. The ensuite tents all have two four-poster beds with floor to ceiling mosquito netting – making them perfect for families travelling with small children. Each of the private verandas overlook the river and offer the perfect spot where guests can relax and watch the resident hippos wallow in the water. There are also two honeymoon suites with each featuring outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Sanctuary Olonana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Olonana Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sanctuary Olonana Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve