Booked safari through DM Tours over the internet, they were very efficient, no problems at all. Governors camp was a wonderful experience, we saw all the animals apart from a rhino and was amazed that you could see for miles without another car, person building ! Our guide was called Gideon and he made our trip, searching out all the things we wanted to see and finding lost of others which we hadn't spotted. On our last morning we took out a picnic breakfast as we were still in search of the elusive leopard, we found one which actually used our jeep as cover while hunting antelope! We were so thrilled.
The food and service were 5 star, eating breakfast while looking at crocodiles and elephants. Here is a link to a video of our experiences ! .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GeNb00VhEw
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' Camp nestles on the banks of the Mara River in the heart of the most prolific game viewing area of the Masai Mara. One of only a handful of camps located within the Masai Mara Game Reserve the setting is magical. Half of the tents overlook the rolling grasslands of Africa, with views of elephant, zebra and gazelle; the rest are tucked away in the forest lining the banks of the Mara River. Governors has been pioneering immersive and transformational safaris in the Mara since 1972. We were the first operators to be permanently based inside the Mara, our site was chosen for its prime location and was the designated “getaway” for the Governors of Kenya. Unfenced and right in the heart of the action. Our camps are Located in some of the best and most precious Wildlife Locations in the world. We are a family with a colourful cast of characters that embodies the spirit of safari, while placing the care of the environment, community and conservation at the heart of everything we do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Governor's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors Camp
- Governor's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve