A short review just to say we enjoyed our stay just as much as the last time, the baby hippo and mother in the river behind the washrooms , The nightly visit from the Bushbaby at the outside dinner the Jenet cat in the tree above our table at Dinner one night ,waking up and lying back in bed to see the Bull elephant eating fruit from the tree outside our tent (Magical moments), Johnson our tent saviour thanks for the nightly Hot water bottles each night and tea coffee and bicuits at 6am each morning ,Katie and Philip the welcoming hosts who looked after us all so well as ever , all the staff were excellent, Kisira our Askari Guard who also alerted us to the Lioness that walked across the plain in front of camp, It was great to see the Marsh pride of Lions again with the new Pride Males and their new cubs, The Bush Breakfast was excellent, I really cannot say just how much we loved this place .
You will see why the BBC stay here when doing documentaries in the Mara,
This place has it all and is just SPECIAL
WELL DONE and Thanks to you all at Governors
John & Jackie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' Camp nestles on the banks of the Mara River in the heart of the most prolific game viewing area of the Masai Mara. One of only a handful of camps located within the Masai Mara Game Reserve the setting is magical. Half of the tents overlook the rolling grasslands of Africa, with views of elephant, zebra and gazelle; the rest are tucked away in the forest lining the banks of the Mara River. Governors has been pioneering immersive and transformational safaris in the Mara since 1972. We were the first operators to be permanently based inside the Mara, our site was chosen for its prime location and was the designated “getaway” for the Governors of Kenya. Unfenced and right in the heart of the action. Our camps are Located in some of the best and most precious Wildlife Locations in the world. We are a family with a colourful cast of characters that embodies the spirit of safari, while placing the care of the environment, community and conservation at the heart of everything we do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Governor's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors Camp
- Governor's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve