We spent three nights at Governor's Camp out of our two week photo safari and it was wonderful. The tents are adequate (wish they could be locked as we had to carry all our heavy photographic equipment with us to all meals), clean and comfortable. The stars here are the safaris three times each day, the food (excellent), and the fantastic service. The manager is everywhere checking every detail, and it shows! One evening we were even treated to a Maasai performance at dinner that was wonderful. We learned a distinct difference here is they do not restrict the guides in where they go or how much petrol they use each day, the guides are simply told to please the clients, and our guide, Moturi, did. He was professional, extremely well educated, and a delight to spend three days with. (Note there is one designated spot at reception to use a blow dryer).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' Camp nestles on the banks of the Mara River in the heart of the most prolific game viewing area of the Masai Mara. One of only a handful of camps located within the Masai Mara Game Reserve the setting is magical. Half of the tents overlook the rolling grasslands of Africa, with views of elephant, zebra and gazelle; the rest are tucked away in the forest lining the banks of the Mara River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com and Booking.com so you can book your Governor's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors Camp
- Governor's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve