Our 4th visit and certainly not our last.
Thanks to Katie who organised everything for us!
Kitikuny Nampasso (Harrison) for his friendship
Peter, Koiaki and Alex for looking after us
Ntuala our guide who has to have the best 'eyes' on the Mara! and is so very knowledgeable about both animals and birds that we now take a keen interest in the birdlife!!!
we saw everything we wished to see including the very elusive Black Rhino and a Buffalo taken down by Scarface and his girls!! This memory will stay forever!! Thanks Ntuala.
We look forward to renewing our friendships in the near future. A fabulous Safari with faboulous, friendly people - we miss you all daily, but our photos are a wonderful reminder.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' Camp nestles on the banks of the Mara River in the heart of the most prolific game viewing area of the Masai Mara. One of only a handful of camps located within the Masai Mara Game Reserve the setting is magical. Half of the tents overlook the rolling grasslands of Africa, with views of elephant, zebra and gazelle; the rest are tucked away in the forest lining the banks of the Mara River. Governors has been pioneering immersive and transformational safaris in the Mara since 1972. We were the first operators to be permanently based inside the Mara, our site was chosen for its prime location and was the designated “getaway” for the Governors of Kenya. Unfenced and right in the heart of the action. Our camps are Located in some of the best and most precious Wildlife Locations in the world. We are a family with a colourful cast of characters that embodies the spirit of safari, while placing the care of the environment, community and conservation at the heart of everything we do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Governor's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors Camp
- Governor's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve