Having just returned from Governors Camp 2 weeks ago, after my 10th visit. I find it impossible to have one negative thought about this wonderful camp. All the "Mod Cons" luxury etc but still Rustic and nothing to spoil the magic of the animals.... even visiting at meal times.... when the staff and guests have to take cover and allow Elephants etc to trundle through!!!. The staff on arrival, from the minute you step from the plane are there to make your stay a wonderful experience.
When I return I am welcomed with "Welcome Home" this year I had the company of some friends who had not been to Kenya before, they were Blown Away by what they saw even on the first Game Drive. Three drives a day and each drive you think you will not beat your previous drive. The Driver/Guild too knows exactly how to help you with a good shot for your photos. You will never be disappointed with Governors Camp.
The tents are secure and have a wonderful quiet and relaxing ambiance. In the night everything comes out to play!!!.... and you can hear animals foraging for food etc just outside your tent.
The food and service is excellent and the Picnic Breakfast is a must for at least one morning. Breakfast by the River over at Pump House with the entertaining HIPPO'S I just can't explain in words .... "the magic of this place"
I thank Kate and Phillip for all their hard work in making my stay each time a memorable one. The camp is like one big happy family. Thanks to Mandila for his excellent GAME DRIVES.
I will continue to visit Main Governors Camp for as long as I can, also bring my friends... as I say now "It gets under yr skin" I will be back.
Regards Bernadette Simpson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' Camp nestles on the banks of the Mara River in the heart of the most prolific game viewing area of the Masai Mara. One of only a handful of camps located within the Masai Mara Game Reserve the setting is magical. Half of the tents overlook the rolling grasslands of Africa, with views of elephant, zebra and gazelle; the rest are tucked away in the forest lining the banks of the Mara River. Governors has been pioneering immersive and transformational safaris in the Mara since 1972. We were the first operators to be permanently based inside the Mara, our site was chosen for its prime location and was the designated “getaway” for the Governors of Kenya. Unfenced and right in the heart of the action. Our camps are Located in some of the best and most precious Wildlife Locations in the world. We are a family with a colourful cast of characters that embodies the spirit of safari, while placing the care of the environment, community and conservation at the heart of everything we do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Governor's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors Camp
- Governor's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve