Spent 24 hours at this camp. we had a company event and flew the group on a private charter plane. the camp's jeeps came to the air strip, served us hot towels and cocktails upon our arrival. they took our bags and we rode on open jeeps and had a 2 hour safari ride. we were lucky to come across so many wild animals; all only a few feet away. the camp is exquisite. the tents/rooms are spacious and luxurious. I had an amazing view of the wild open wilderness and saw elephants in a distance. we had dinner at the camp and we even saw elephants stroll through the camp. dinner and breakfast was delicious. the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. in the tent there were things which were very helpful, insect spray, flashlight etc.. at night it is pitch black so staff members help guide you back to your tent. I woke up early to find a huge elephant right oustide my tent!!!
was an experience I will never forget!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' Camp nestles on the banks of the Mara River in the heart of the most prolific game viewing area of the Masai Mara. One of only a handful of camps located within the Masai Mara Game Reserve the setting is magical. Half of the tents overlook the rolling grasslands of Africa, with views of elephant, zebra and gazelle; the rest are tucked away in the forest lining the banks of the Mara River. Governors has been pioneering immersive and transformational safaris in the Mara since 1972. We were the first operators to be permanently based inside the Mara, our site was chosen for its prime location and was the designated “getaway” for the Governors of Kenya. Unfenced and right in the heart of the action. Our camps are Located in some of the best and most precious Wildlife Locations in the world. We are a family with a colourful cast of characters that embodies the spirit of safari, while placing the care of the environment, community and conservation at the heart of everything we do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Governor's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors Camp
- Governor's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve