Arrived 31st August 2012 for a four day safari, this is the second time we have been to the Mara, the first time we came was excellent (different camp), didn’t think it could get any better, but how wrong can you be, wow what a camp, right on top of the Mara river.
Richard our driver was brilliant, we told him what we never saw last time we were on the Mara and within 2 days we had seen everything expect the leopard and he kept that for the last day.
We saw four river crossings, seen a croc take a wilder beast, nature at its best
We went on the Hot air balloon, expensive but well worth it.
While "in the camp", we saw Baboons, Hippos, Giraffes, Mongoose, Crocs Wart Hogs and Buffalo.
Where else in the world could you be sitting having dinner and 4 giraffes wonder past, undeliverable.
A great big thank you to all the staff at the Governors camp(s) for making this the best holiday yet and cant wait to return.....Paul and Debra Armstrong (James, have you got AA cover yet?)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' Camp nestles on the banks of the Mara River in the heart of the most prolific game viewing area of the Masai Mara. One of only a handful of camps located within the Masai Mara Game Reserve the setting is magical. Half of the tents overlook the rolling grasslands of Africa, with views of elephant, zebra and gazelle; the rest are tucked away in the forest lining the banks of the Mara River. Governors has been pioneering immersive and transformational safaris in the Mara since 1972. We were the first operators to be permanently based inside the Mara, our site was chosen for its prime location and was the designated “getaway” for the Governors of Kenya. Unfenced and right in the heart of the action. Our camps are Located in some of the best and most precious Wildlife Locations in the world. We are a family with a colourful cast of characters that embodies the spirit of safari, while placing the care of the environment, community and conservation at the heart of everything we do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Jovago.com and Travelocity so you can book your Governor's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors Camp
- Governor's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve