We stayed here for 3 nights as part of my 50th Birthday treat - I have always wanted to do a safari in the Masai Mara and promised myself I would do it right when I did it. And this place truely fitted the bill. I loved the fact that the hot water in the bathroom was in a flask and cold water in a jug. And the bucket shower was an experience I will never forget - always a perfect temperature and plenty of water. And it is there for you on arrival back from safari as the guides ask if you want one them call ahead to let them know. Thankfully, there was a flushing toilet and the view outside the tent of the river was fab. The first night we woke in the middle of the night hearing a large animal right outside the tent eating which scared us a bit but at the same time was amazing to hear. We hadn't expected the animals to come so close and in the morning when I asked I was told there were 4 elephants walking around the camp but I was also told that there is no danger and the place has guards out all night. All the staff were great and couldn't do enough for us. The food was excellent - in particular the lunches sat by the river and we would love some of those recipes. Everyone eats dinner together on one big table inside the communal tent and the seating plan means you sit next to different people each evening although people come and go a lot even in 3 days. Our guide Lenny was great and found almost every animal we wanted to see - I still don't know how he saw the cheetah under the tree in the distance !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep within Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp. This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era. The elegant tents form a tranquil oasis perched stategically above the mighty Talek River. The sweeping views from camp take in the surrounding plains, which support some of the greatest concentrations and diversity of wildlife in Africa. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of our team and our world-renowned game-viewing guides with years of expertise - in such good hands you are ensured an incomparable Maasai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve