The was the third camp my daughter and I stayed in in Kenya and was completely different from the other two. The setting is right in the middle of the Masai Mara National Reserve and is truly a bush camp. The rooms are still luxury by any standard , but more "natural" and fit in perfectly with the river side setting. Meals are all communal and the food is varied and delicious. Clea and Conway are perfect hosts and mix with the guests at every opportunity. The Masai Mara is filled with game and our guide Sammy made sure we were treated to unforgettable experiences.
This camp is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep within Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp. This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era. The elegant tents form a tranquil oasis perched stategically above the mighty Talek River. The sweeping views from camp take in the surrounding plains, which support some of the greatest concentrations and diversity of wildlife in Africa. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of our team and our world-renowned game-viewing guides with years of expertise - in such good hands you are ensured an incomparable Maasai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve