While you may think this camp is pricey you definitely get what you pay for. It is not a lodge so you don't have to worry about lots of people. You are attended to at all times, the food is great, you will pretty much get a safari truck with guide just for your party and the guides are very knowledgeable and flexible. This is once in a life time experience and worth every penny!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rekero overlooks an ancient animal river crossing point in the Maasai Mara. A front row seat to witness the spectacular annual migration awaits you. Rekero has a long and proud history in the Mara that lends to it a depth of character and low-key authenticity that is the hallmark of this luxury tented camp. Rekero is enfolded in wilderness, the camp nestles under huge deciduous trees, hippos grunt in the pools below the mess deck, the fragrance of wild sage floats on the air and guests can often watch the migration crossing the Talek River just 50 meters from the camp lawn. Warm, hospitable and intimate, with a guiding team widely recognised as being the best in Kenya, Rekero offers an unsurpassed Maasai Mara safari experience. The camp caters for up to 20 guests in nine tents, two of which are family tents, laid out under shady trees along the river's edge. The spacious tents have been designed combining the traditional bush style with a fresh modern feel focusing on attention to detail. All tents have en-suite bathrooms with flush toilets and showers. Each tent also has a large verandah with a day bed for relaxing after game drives and is attended by a personal butler. The camp has two common areas under canvas for guest dining and relaxation. The larger area is surrounded by shady trees and lush lawn while the smaller area is built on a platform extending over the river bank. Mariana Kathini, who worked with the Asilia team at Naboisho Camp for nearly 4 years, manages Rekero Camp. She is a bright, cheerful and outgoing person who, together with a team of highly-skilled guides, have helped make Rekero one of the Mara's top camps. Guides and camp crew have worked together for many years and provide guests with an in depth and truly authentic Maasai Mara experience. Every year the camp is closed for two months to allow the bush to regenerate and the wildlife to return to the site, leaving a fresh and recovered wilderness for the next dramatic season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve