Excellent from beginning to end! My two grown children and daughter-in-law joined me for the vacation of a lifetime in Kenya. Rekero Camp opened its arms to us and we lost our hearts to it. We saw "the big 5",of course. The guide, Sammy, took the time and energy to explain the animals' idiosyncrasies and taught us to anticipate their behavior so by the end of three days we were becoming adept at spotting. Clea, Conway, Mariana and all of the staff welcomed us with warmth, great food (can I get the recipe for "coronation chicken"?) ,and genuine interest in our enjoyment and wellbeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep within Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp. This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era. The elegant tents form a tranquil oasis perched stategically above the mighty Talek River. The sweeping views from camp take in the surrounding plains, which support some of the greatest concentrations and diversity of wildlife in Africa. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of our team and our world-renowned game-viewing guides with years of expertise - in such good hands you are ensured an incomparable Maasai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Jovago.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve