I stayed at Rekero for three nights in March and boy was I blown away. Unlike some of the other camps I stayed it, Rekero is a true bush camp with tents sandwiched by thick riverine forest thickets. The most special feature to me were the nightly visits by elephants and the snorting of hippo. During one night the elephants were feeding off the trees just next door to my bathroom with a single trumpet and a strewn branch lying on the path leading to the mess area as proof the next morning. Excellent personal service and great ambiance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep within Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp. This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era. The elegant tents form a tranquil oasis perched stategically above the mighty Talek River. The sweeping views from camp take in the surrounding plains, which support some of the greatest concentrations and diversity of wildlife in Africa. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of our team and our world-renowned game-viewing guides with years of expertise - in such good hands you are ensured an incomparable Maasai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve