Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa
Mara Leisure Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$409
$315
Fairmont.com
  • Breakfast included
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$151
$135
  • Breakfast included
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
$174
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Sarova Mara Game Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$252
$225
  • Breakfast included
Azure Mara Haven(Maasai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
$254
Orbitz.com
Porini Mara Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
TripAdvisor
Mara West Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
Jumia Travel
  • Restaurant
Mara Siria Camp(Maasai Mara National Reserve)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Lobo Wildlife Lodge(Serengeti National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrecommend rekerotalek rivergame drivesguide danthe managersnight watchmanweaver birdslong tablemain tentamazing hostshot and cold running waterlocation was perfectgame viewing experiencedinner tableguest tentsknew howtent number
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great location, superb guides, wonderful food, excellent management. You may gather that we liked it. This was the 3rd camp on this trip and the best.
The game viewing was amazing - Danial our Masai guide recently graduated from guiding school as the top student and despite his youth his talent for taking us to the right place at the right time was (I'm struggling for a new superlative) top notch.

Room Tip: Riverside room are the best - may be disturbed by hippo but ......
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband Anton and I stayed at Rekero camp at the beginning of October. I don't have enough words to describe what an amazing time we had with the staff and fellow campers. Sammy our Masai guide knew just where to go to view not only the Big 5 but pretty much any animal we would want to see up close and personal. The tents were so comfortable and spacious. Clea and Conway were the best, and Mariana made sure I would have a birthday that I would never forget when the Masai guys surprised us at dinner with a celebration dance around the table. They made my dreams come true. The only regret is that we did not stay longer.. We'll be back!

Room Tip: #9 Hippo tent! If you don't mind listening to the hippos at night. We loved it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This amazing journey began on the 15th of September, 2012 and it was one worth remembering. Upon arrival to the Ol Kiombo airstrip, we were met by "Pius" who was our guide for the entire stay at Rekero. Let me just say that throughout the trip, Pius more than proved his knowledge of the land, animals, and everything else you could possibly think of. Upon arrival at the camp, we were greeted by Dudu, Mariana, other staff members, and they were beyond accommodating. We were assigned a tent that was more than just a tent. It was more like a hotel room in the middle of nature. The tent was also set in front of a river which housed Hippos, and other wildlife were constantly passing through the area.

We chose to eat breakfast while out on the game drives enabling us to see more wildlife while they were active. Being that this is the time of the "Great Migration", we were able to see thousands of Zebra, Wildabeast, and plenty of others. This is also the time to see the young animals as well. We also viewed some of the most spectacular views of the plains and sunsets that you could imagine. The great thing is that Pius knew where to go during certain times of day and we were able to see all of the animals on our list. I also shot some of the most amazing photos that I've ever taken.

The lunch spreads were fantastic and the dinners were even more impressive. I ate everything that was placed in front of me and it never disappointed. Seriously some of the best culinary delights I've had the pleasure of eating. I also like how all the guests come together to eat, including Dudu, Mariana, and sometimes other staff members. This is the time that everyone trades stories from the day and reflects on the past events from the trip. We met some great folks at Rekero and traded some photos after we left Kenya.

All in all I have to say that all of the 5 star reviews are there for a reason. This camp and the staff are by far the best that I've ever dealt with. I would not only recommend this camp to anyone visiting the Mara, but I plan on returning again in the near future!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Chape77
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have had the most amazing experience in Kenya and it all began at Rekero Camp. On arrival to be met by a Masai Guide who was just awesome who taught us about his land was an experience we would recommend. Rekero camp staff made us feel like family, comfortable and safe. The family tent was out of this world with the animals so close at night, the night guides kept us safe. The Rekero Camp Chefs cooked up the most amazing food each day, to have a picnic breakfast packed in our vehicle for our game drive each morning, to arrive back to a cooked lunch and again the evening meals out of this world, we never went hungry. All staff at Rekero are our friends and this experience will remain with our family forever and we plan to return. Love You All

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Muir_12
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights in mid August. Rekero is a small luxury tented camp located on the bank of the Talek River. At night you can hear the Hippo's, Elephants and other animals near your tent. Game drives with our guide, Daniel where excellant. We saw a huge wildebeast river crossing and even had a Chettah jump up on our jeep top and stay for awhile. Daniel called in and had a hot lunch delivered to us while on safari when we where close to seeing the river crossing. Rekero has excellant tented accomodations, food and outstanding service everywhere during our stay. We also stayed in their sister camp, Sayari in the Serengeti and Tortillis in Amboselli. Both were excellant camps but Rekero was a little better experience and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple