Rekero is simply fabulous. We have had the good fortune to travel to the Masi Mara several times, each time we have been it has been a different experience. Whilst there are many places to stay in The Mara, our recent stay at Rekero has quite simply given us an easy choice to make when we next visit. Rekero is authentic, personal, private and incredibly comforting. The tents themselves are as you would expect in a luxury camp and more. All essentials are provided for in a truly stunning setting on the banks of the Talek River. However, it is not the tents that sets Rekero apart, it is the staff and management. From the personal welcome and greeting on arrival to the fabulous dining experiences on offer, the 'people' at rekero really do make your stay memorable. The management team of Clea and Conway run and manage an amazing team of individuals from driver guides to freindly daily faces around the camp. You even feel the passion of the staff that work behind the scenes to make your stay a truly authentic safari experience. From a game viewing perspective REkero is perfectly located. Close to the Mara River and equally close to forested areas and plains, teh viweing opportunites are literally on your door step. On this particular stay we even had Cheetah within a eye shot of where we had lunch on the banks of the Talek. Rekero is highly recommended to anyone, regardless if you are first time Safari goers or indeed the seasoned Safari enthusiasts. A truly suberb experience and well done the entire team for maiking our stay the most enjoyable to date. We will be returning soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep within Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp. This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era. The elegant tents form a tranquil oasis perched stategically above the mighty Talek River. The sweeping views from camp take in the surrounding plains, which support some of the greatest concentrations and diversity of wildlife in Africa. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of our team and our world-renowned game-viewing guides with years of expertise - in such good hands you are ensured an incomparable Maasai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve