There is not much more I can add to the other reviews - Rekero camp really is a wonderful place to stay in the Mara and having been to several other camps it's the one we will always go back to. The tents were lovely - ours was a family tent and could sleep up to 6 in 2 separate 'rooms'. Between the bedrooms was a flush toilet and shower and basins. All of the tents are positioned on the river front and all are very private.
The food was superb - we enjoyed the breakfasts that we had out on safari, the lovely lunches back at camp and the evening meals (under the stars some nights). Other highlights were the sundowners whilst out on our game drive and the pre dinner drinks around the camp fire.
All of the staff were so friendly, Clea and Conway were excellent hosts and we also really enjoyed meeting Jackson who gave our children a astronomy lesson each night! Mark our driver and guide was great too - I don't think there was anything he didn't know about the Mara and the wildlife!
This part of the Mara was fairly quiet - we saw other land cruisers from similar camps to Rekero but none of the numerous mini-vans that tend to come from the big lodges and crowd around the animals jostling for position! We saw all of the Big Five and much more! My most memorable moment was not out on a game drive but when I was sitting on my own next to the river in camp and a leopard crossed from one side to the other not far from me!
We will always remember this holiday to Rekero - such a special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep within Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp. This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era. The elegant tents form a tranquil oasis perched stategically above the mighty Talek River. The sweeping views from camp take in the surrounding plains, which support some of the greatest concentrations and diversity of wildlife in Africa. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of our team and our world-renowned game-viewing guides with years of expertise - in such good hands you are ensured an incomparable Maasai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve