We stayed at Rekero for only 2 nights while the migration was not around. We were overwhelmed by the diversity of animals and wildlife even without the migration being in the area. In only 2 gamedrives we saw plenty of cheetah, lion, buffalo, giraffe, hippos, zebras, hyena, etc etc. We stayed in the 8th tent right at the river and had a concert of hippos at night and even a hippo grazing next to the tent! Rekero camp has a fantastic atmosphere and makes you feel welcome and at home. The staff, guides and management (Clea and Conway) are amazing and the food excellent! We will never forget this stay at Rekero Camp and will hopefully come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep within Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp. This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era. The elegant tents form a tranquil oasis perched stategically above the mighty Talek River. The sweeping views from camp take in the surrounding plains, which support some of the greatest concentrations and diversity of wildlife in Africa. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of our team and our world-renowned game-viewing guides with years of expertise - in such good hands you are ensured an incomparable Maasai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve